The Community Enterprise Society, known as Terenure Enterprise Centre, was established in 1984 following an appeal from Fr. Eltin Griffin O. Carm. of Terenure College for local people to come together to address the growing rate of unemployment in the area. Our founding members, all of whom were from the area, answered that appeal and came together to form a voluntary committee to support and enable economic development in the area.
Having acquired the home of the Classic Cinema in Terenure – an art deco building constructed in 1938 – the volunteers began the work of transforming the premises into an enterprise space for businesses. Finally, we put together a dedicated and committed team to manage the centre and deliver our founders vision.